Michigan Nonprofit Association
Position Title: Volunteer Michigan Data Coordinator
Purpose: Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) is seeking an experienced professional to join a committed team that is serving volunteer and mentoring programs throughout Michigan. The Volunteer Michigan Data Coordinator will be housed in Lansing, Michigan.
Objective: The position will play the lead role in the Volunteer Michigan initiative by supporting the implementation of the statewide volunteer portal to expand volunteerism across the state.
- Assist with adoption and expansion of the statewide volunteer portal to increase volunteerism across the state
- Provide personal technical assistance and training to nonprofit and community partners utilizing the portal
- Analyze user feedback and identify challenges and solutions to portal use, including the creation of resources, alterations to site, etc.
- Work with technology and platform designers to increase functionality of site for community partners
- Create, manage and maintain professional service volunteer database in portal
- Support existing Volunteer Centers to implement and enhance portal technology use
- Develop statewide portal disaster functionality from existing platform
- Manage and maintain statewide roster for volunteers in times of disaster
- Manage and maintain public Volunteer Michigan website
- Manage and maintain SalesForce technology database, including approval of partners and opportunities, collection of reports, and more. Reports include:
- Number of organizations, volunteers, and opportunities
- Types of organizations, volunteers, and opportunities
- Volunteer engagement and connections
- Analyze reports and identify key strategic needs. Work with staff to create solutions and address challenges
- Collaborate with key staff to provide targeted outreach
- Coordinate and maintain other volunteer databases and service directories
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
Although we work closely with many youth-serving organizations, this is not a direct-service organization, so we do not work directly with youth and families. Individuals seeking direct-service experience should not apply.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Master’s degree considered a plus.
- Outstanding organization skills and detail-orientation
- The ability to learn quickly, work in a fast paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- The ability to work effectively independently and with others at all levels of an organization, consistently displaying a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Adept at navigating interactive databases and web-based technology, with strong online research skills. Experience with SalesForce preferred.
- Experience maintaining websites.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills such as developing timelines, organizing and coordinating meetings, reporting progress, and managing multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Personable and effective over the phone with customer service mentality.
- Excellent computer skills on Microsoft office. Database experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including some overnight trips.
This position is a one-year grant-funded position.
Interested parties should send 1) a letter of introduction including salary expectations, 2) resume, and 3) a two-paragraph article about your interest in volunteering and mentoring to:
Kelley Kuhn, Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer
Michigan Nonprofit Association
330 Marshall Street, Suite 200
Lansing, Michigan 48912
The deadline to apply for this position is October 31, 2013.