MICHIGAN NONPROFIT ASSOCIATION
Title: Director, The LEAGUE Michigan
Supervisor: Senior Director of Civic Engagement
Purpose: A program for K-12 schools in Michigan to build character and empower youth to “do good” in their communities, nation, and the world through service, service-learning and philanthropy education.
Exempt or Non-Exempt: This position is an Exempt status, and does not receive overtime pay compensation.
- Provide leadership and strategy to enhance and/or expand The LEAGUE Michigan program across the state of Michigan.
- Coordinate the implementation of the 2013 strategic plan to work towards growth and sustainability of program
- Establish and achieve a yearly fund raising goal to support The LEAGUE Michigan.
- Develop and manage the program’s annual budget; supervise and support LEAGUE Michigan staff, including national service members when assigned.
- Develop key partnerships with public, private, local and state government to advance the mission and vision of the program.
- Work collaboratively with Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) civic engagement programs and other MNA programs and initiatives to advance the work of The LEAGUE Michigan and organizational collaboration.
- Proactively seek opportunities to connect work of The LEAGUE Michigan to overall MNA goals and objectives.
- Staff and support The LEAGUE Michigan Advisory Board and the Student Service and Leadership Committee.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate the Fisher Training, Fisher Training Part II for teachers; and the Administrator Training for school leadership.
- Provide technical assistance and support to teachers as they integrate service, service-learning and philanthropy education.
- Promote the use and growth of the “Learning to Give” (http://www.learningtogive.org/) curriculum.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate both the planning and implementation of the annual summer Youth Leadership Camp for The LEAGUE Michigan youth participants.
- Seek opportunities to partner with Michigan media to raise program profile of The LEAGUE Michigan and its participating schools and student activities.
- Develop partnerships with local, statewide and national organizations including, local school boards, youth development organizations and local businesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of K-12 curriculum development an asset.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in service-learning, civic engagement, youth development and community collaboration.
- Evidence of successful collaborative leadership within an organization and with outside partners.
- Passion for and experience in training and facilitation of members in the K-12 educational system including teachers, administrators and students.
- Experience in program assessment and evaluation.
- Financial management experience, including budget development.
- Evidence of successful fundraising ability.
- Strong public speaking, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Travel flexibility throughout city, state, and nation required.
To apply, please provide in electronic format:
Please send these materials (via e-mail attachment) to: Kelley Kuhn, Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of interest, addressing the description and priorities for the position stated above.
- Current resume
- A list of three references (including name, title, address, telephone number and e-mail) references will not be contacted without permission.
- A written statement in 3-5 double-spaced pages (Times New Roman font, 12 pt.) that addresses your experience in and passion for service, service learning and philanthropy education in the K-12 educational system.