MICHIGAN NONPROFIT ASSOCIATION
Title: Executive Director, Michigan Campus Compact
Supervisor: Senior Director, Civic Engagement
Purpose: To lead Michigan Campus Compact (MiCC), an affiliate of the Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA), in promoting the education and commitment of Michigan college students to be civically engaged citizens, through creating and expanding academic, co-curricular and campus-wide opportunities for community service, service-learning and civic engagement at member institutions.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide leadership, education, recognition, and support to member institutions of MiCC to increase civic education for students.
- Administer a membership recruitment and retention plan.
- Develop and implement a strategy to cultivate collaborative leadership and increase higher education’s commitment to civic engagement and civic leadership.
- Raise the level of presidential leadership within the MiCC network
- Support the work of diverse constituencies of civic engagement practitioners, faculty members, students and community partners to achieve the Compact’s goals.
- Work collaboratively with MNA civic engagement programs and other MNA programs and initiatives to advance civic engagement and civic leadership.
- Seek opportunities to connect work of MiCC to overall MNA goals and objectives
- Develop and implement MiCC programs and services.
- Provide general oversight and leadership to MiCC President’s Council and ancillary councils.
- Oversee the administration of grant programs and direct fund development initiatives.
- Provide leadership on a statewide level for community service, service learning, and other civic engagement activities on member campuses.
- Serve as liaison and representative for MiCC at state and national levels.
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with key state and national organizations.
- Promote public policy initiatives that support the concept of public service and enhance public awareness of student community service efforts.
- Develop and manage the program’s annual budget; supervise and support MiCC staff.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of promotional materials, press releases, and member mailings.
- Supervise and assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of conferences, training programs, meetings, and recognition events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Exempt or Non-Exempt: This position is classified as exempt, and does not receive overtime pay compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advance degree preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in service-learning, civic engagement, higher education, and/or campus community collaboration
- Evidence of successful collaborative leadership within an organization and with outside partners
- Passion for and experience in civic engagement and volunteer activities
- Knowledge of community issues, nonprofit management, higher education systems, including civic engagement and service learning programs
- Experience in program assessment and evaluation
- Financial management experience, including budget development
- Evidence of successful fundraising ability
- Strong public speaking, written communication, and presentation skills
- Travel flexibility throughout city, state, and nation required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please provide in electronic format:
Please send these materials (via e-mail attachment) to: Kelley Kuhn, Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of interest, addressing the description and priorities for the position stated above.
- Current resume or curriculum vita.
- A list of three references (including name, title, address, telephone number and e-mail) –references will not be contacted without permission.
- A written statement in 3-5 double-spaced pages (Times New Roman font, 12 pt.) that addresses your experience in and passion for civic engagement personally and/or professionally, and suggests your vision for leading Michigan Campus Compact into the future.