MICHIGAN NONPROFIT ASSOCIATION
Michigan Campus Compact Associate Director Position Description
The Michigan Campus Compact Associate Director provides services to Michigan Campus Compact member campuses through professional development such as trainings, network meetings and other convenings; resources such as national service programs and grant-funded programs; and general support through orientations, site visits and regional collaboratives. The Associate Director supports member campuses to increase their capacity to educate students in civic engagement, community services and service learning and become fully engaged campuses.
Member Campus Professional Development
- Oversee the planning and develop the content of the biennial Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Institute, including keynote speakers, presenters, etc.
- Coordinate the development and convening of the Network Committee and Networking Meetings
- Oversee the planning of the student leadership event
Member Campus Resources
- Manage department budgets and grant programs as assigned including: reporting to funder, outreach to campuses, sub-grantee relations, grant compliance, continuation and renewal proposals, site visits
- Assist in writing and preparing funding proposals and applications
- Supervise grant program staff, contractors/consultants, interns, and volunteers as assigned
Member Campus Relations
- Engage in member campus orientations and site visits as necessary
- Conduct presentations to member campuses when requested and appropriate
- Disseminate current research and provide tools to assist campuses and individuals in developing campus community engagement work and civic education
- Support regional collaborative work around civic engagement in higher education in Michigan
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 2 years working in higher education environments
- Significant experience with community service, service-learning & civic engagement in educational and community settings
- Demonstration of excellence in written and verbal communications skills
- Prior experience with event planning & logistics
- Prior experience with managing grant programs
- Knowledge of the service sector
- Prior management/leadership experience.
- Ability to work well with other staff members in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Statewide travel required
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.