Michigan Nonprofit Association
Position Title: Volunteer Michigan Outreach Coordinator
Purpose: Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) is seeking an experienced professional to join a committed team that is serving volunteer and mentoring programs throughout Michigan. The Volunteer Michigan Outreach Coordinator will be housed in Lansing, Michigan.
Objective: The position will play a lead role in the Volunteer Michigan initiative by supporting outreach and implementation of the statewide volunteer portal, as well as other strategic volunteer initiatives, to expand volunteerism across the state.
- Perform targeted outreach in communities across Michigan to elevate awareness of and access to statewide portal
- Plan, coordinate and conduct outreach presentations to potential partner organizations on the statewide portal
- Work strategically with statewide partners to ensure organizations and opportunities that appear on portal are diverse in terms of geography and interest/impact areas
- Provide outreach to AmeriCorps members to allow for utilization of the technology in their communities
- Assist in development of new local Volunteer Centers
- Enhance online presence to promote volunteerism
- Support Days of Service initiatives in the state, including:
- Coordination of statewide mini-grant process in conjunction with statewide partners
- Composition of grants to increase funding for Days of Service projects
- Conducting outreach to increase the number of volunteers engaged in Days of Service
- Working directly with AmeriCorps members to expand their volunteer efforts around Days of Service
- Assisting with engagement of youth in service by working with foundation youth advisory councils, service-learning communities, and others
- Analyze existing service models and create replicable toolkits for communities
- Aid various community collaboratives working to provide greater impact on joint issues in local communities
- Assist with development of pro-bono state-wide volunteer program
- Assist with development of communication mechanisms to engage and retain volunteers
- Assist with implementation of statewide volunteerism campaign
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
Although we work closely with many youth-serving organizations, this is not a direct-service organization, so we do not work directly with youth and families. Individuals seeking direct-service experience should not apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Public Affairs, Sociology, Nonprofit Management, or other related field; Master’s degree considered a plus.
- Outstanding organization skills and detail-orientation.
- The ability to learn quickly; work in a fast paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- The ability to work effectively independently and with others at all levels of an organization, consistently displaying a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Adept at navigating interactive databases and web-based technology, with strong online research skills.
- Experience and skill in developing and implementing new initiatives not previously in existence.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience maintaining websites, as well as other online communication platforms such as social media, blogs, etc.
- Excellent project management skills such as developing timelines, organizing and coordinating meetings, reporting progress, and managing multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Personable and effective over the phone with customer service mentality.
- Excellent computer skills on Microsoft office. Database experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including some overnight trips.
This position is a one-year grant-funded position.
Interested parties should send 1) a letter of introduction including salary expectations, 2) resume, and 3) a two-paragraph article about your interest in volunteering and mentoring to:
Kelley Kuhn, Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer
Michigan Nonprofit Association
330 Marshall Street, Suite 200
Lansing, Michigan 4891
The deadline to apply for this position is October 31, 2013.